Nissan Micra is a premium hatchback offering from Nissan Motor India, which is one of the leading car manufacturers in the world.
Nissan Micra has been studded with awesome features and delivers top performance, power, and exclusivity. It’s an automatic hatchback that has garnered praise from all parts of India.
What makes Nissan Micra “the first love” of people all over India is its competitive price tag. The automatic hatchback is more than affordable with price starting at Rs. 5.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). In fact, Micra is the most affordable CVT premium hatchback currently on sale in India.
Nissan Micra brings in new levels of technology, performance, and style to the premium hatchback segment in India. Moreover, as Nissan Micra is being produced right here in India, this itself gives customers faster, more efficient delivery and improved levels in localization.
This also makes way for more competitive pricing for the popular premium hatchback. Much has been done to improve both the interiors and exteriors of this premium hatchback.
Nissan Micra takes on a masculine and sporty look which has received wide acclaims from car lovers from all over India.
The Nissan Micra is available in seven new and different variants which have been aggressively priced at Rs. 4.60 lakh to Rs. 7.08 lakh (starting price).
Some of its notable features include:
- The overall length of the Nissan Micra now stands at 3825mm.
- Nissan Micra sports an aggressive facelifted look. It has V-shaped chrome grille completely changing the exteriors of the car giving the car a strong and perfect attitude.
- The headlamps of the car are angular in shape. Both bumper and tail light are equipped with LED lights, and high mounted stop LED lamps.
- The front bonnet of the car is redesigned giving more aggressive looks than more and making the car more attractive.
- Nissan Micra now has a diamond shape 8 spoke alloy wheels.
- The boot lid of the Nissan Micra now has an extra lower lip.
- The piano black finish gives a glossy touch to the interiors of the car giving it a break from all dull gray boring interiors.
- The petrol variant of this car, New Micra XV now has CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) gearbox enhancing the fuel efficiency and performance of the car.
- The dashboard of the car from circular theme now has been more attractive and modern.
- Nissan Micra music system is now accessorized with steering mounted controls, Bluetooth connectivity, AUX and USB support.
- The AC vents of the car now rectangular in shape, and it also includes a rearview camera.
- Some more safety features have also been added to New Nisan Micra like anti-lock braking system, side & front airbags, brake assist and electronic brake force distribution.
Nissan Micra: Review
Nissan Micra has shown what premium hatchback is all about. It is a package full of power, performance, designing, and style.
Its interiors boast of superior quality that is more than just warm and welcoming. The interiors get a premium look with the piano black gloss trim around the console and the fabric on the door pads.
And to top it all, you get equipment such as Bluetooth and USB connectivity, and a rear view camera (on select models). All this has set up the tone in this fiercely competitive segment.
The Nissan Micra is now studded with a stately front-end design which gives it a confident, bold, and stylish look. The rear end also gets some welcome changes.
Overall, its front end walks with the cake with its Samurai helmet like an upward mustache in the front grille. Its new alloy wheels are a welcome bonus that augments the overall look of this rejuvenated hatch.
Nissan Micra is all about fun, comfort, and stress-free driving.
It is available in both diesel and petrol variants.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine delivers a phenomenal performance. You get a maximum power output of 64bhp and 160Nm torque at 2000 rpm.
Nissan Micra is a pure joy to ride in both city and highway conditions, coupled with excellent fuel efficiency.
Moreover, with its petrol variants, Nissan Micra is now focusing on offering CVT transmission. Its 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder DOHC petrol engine delivers a maximum power of 75bhp at 6000rpm with a peak torque of 104Nm at 4000rpm. The petrol variant gets the 5-speed automatic transmission.
Nissan Micra provides the superior braking system. Its front ventilated disc brakes and rear drum brakes are simply powerful and impressive. The braking performance is further improved by the ABS with EBD and brake assist (BD).
Micra boasts of some superior safety features. You get plenty of safety features including driver airbag, seat belts, central door locking with remote keyless entry, engine immobilizer, driver seat belt warning indicator, etc.
Its top-end variants get the passenger airbag, side airbags with the supplemental restraint system, ABS with EBD, brake assist (BD), and immobilizer with alarm.
Overall, Nissan Micra is a breeze to drive, the controls are light and easy to handle, and the driving experience is overwhelming. Nissan Micra is a well-built, attractive, well equipped, and spacious premium hatchback. It’s a proposition that you just cannot refuse.
Nissan Micra Specifications
Petrol – 1198cc
Diesel – 1461cc
Petrol – DOHC 12 Valve 3 Cyl (1.2 lt. Petrol Engine)
Diesel – SOHC 8 Valve 4 Cyl (1.5 lt. Diesel Engine)
Petrol – 76 @ 6,000rpm
Diesel – 64 @ 4,000rpm
Petrol – 104 @ 4,400rpm
Diesel – 160 @ 2,000rpm
Front –McPherson strut
Rear – Torsion Beam
Front – Ventilated Disc
Rear – Drum
Minimum Ground Clearance – 150 mm
Fuel Tank Capacity – 41 Liters
Nissan Micra Petrol Mileage
Petrol – 18.97 kmpl
Nissan Micra Diesel Mileage
Diesel – 23.08 Kmpl
Nissan Micra Starting Price
MICRA ACTIVE XL (Petrol) – Rs. 4,59,000
MICRA ACTIVE XV (Petrol) – Rs. 4,95,700
MICRA ACTIVE XV S (Petrol) – Rs. 5,42,000
MICRA XL (CVT) (Petrol) – Rs. 5,99,000
MICRA XL (Diesel) – Rs. 6,53,800
MICRA XV (CVT) – Petrol Rs. 6,85,800
MICRA XL COMFORT (Diesel) – Rs. 7,08,700