Tata Motors launched the new version of its premium hatchback, the Tata Vista for the overcrowded B-segment. The all new Tata Vista redefines class. The powerful engine options, chrome detailing, stylish multi-chamber headlamps, segment leading interior space which has always been its signature and sedan-like styling will surely make you stand out, with style.
The car’s first major makeover in three years is Tata’s endeavor to get deep into the premium hatchback segment. The new range will be available at Tata Motors dealerships from September 1, 2011 for all ardent car enthusiasts. There are many new features included in this version some of them are as follows:
1. Exteriors: The new Vista resembles its facade with its elder sibling Manza. The chrome grille and larger triple barreled head lamps (for excellent visibility in low-light conditions) make its face more belligerent – and up market. The car has generous chrome package on the exteriors, sporty new alloy wheels and a new signature color, Summer Sparkle. Other colors variants available are arctic silver, spice red, bright blue, crystalline white and grey. A mirror polished garnishing below the rear windshield adds to the distinctiveness of the exteriors.
2. Interiors: The interiors of the new Vista gives it a real difference. The 4-spoke steering wheel with audio controls, which controls a fully integrated 2-DIN music system, is available on all variants except base model. The new Vista also offers connectivity via USB, Auxiliary input and Bluetooth using the Blue 5 technology that helps pair up to 5 mobile phones. Outer rear view mirrors can be adjusted electrically too. The overall quality of the dual-tone dashboard has improved. The instrument panel is present at the centre and the boot cabin of the vehicle is also spacious.
Besides, it allows adjustable driving positions with tilt-adjustable steering wheels and height adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar support which is a unique feature in this category.
3. Technical Specs: The new Vista offers both types of engines i.e. Quadrajet diesel engine and 1.4 litre MPFi Safire petrol engine. The diesel engine delivers 75PS of max power at 4000 RPM, while the petrol engine delivers max power of 90PS at 6000 RPM.
The other major addition is the Clutch-to-Start feature which ensures that one cannot crank the engine unless the clutch is fully pressed; hence there is no risk of re-crank if engine is on.
4. Safety: Considering safety as a paramount requirement the all new Vista offers Tata offers dual airbags on the top variant, ABS with EBD on the two higher variants, collapsible steering column, crumple zones and side intrusion beams on all variants. Features like engine immobilizer and remote keyless entry complete its sedan like experience upto the brim.
5. Pricing: The new Tata Vista, irrespective of its premium features, has been competitively priced, starting from Rs 3.88 Lacs (ex-showroom Delhi) for the Safire petrol model and Rs. 4.79 Lacs for the Quadrajet diesel model. The new Vista will come in 4 trim levels- LS/ GLS (base version), LX/ GLX, VX/ GVX and ZX/ GZX (top-end version).